Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Randomness again

I am back and it is a sunny morning today. The day is bright and gorgeous and as promised my mood is northward bend. I am extremely pleased with all the effort at home yesterday. Got the house ready to welcome the parents. My wardrobe which was in need of serious attention has been sorted out. It was difficult parting with those old clothes, which i hadn't worn for over a year, but still felt attached to. However, the inevitable had to be done to get some semblance of order. Neetu, the maid, was super happy with the takeaways. She sauntered in today in one of my 'bunty-babli' dresses. Had the spunk to ask if I had some sarees that I wanted to give away; it seems her mom was so thrilled with the dresses yesterday, that now she wanted me to hand down some sarees for herself. Good lord, the cheekiness of people around :( Talking about sarees, three years after the wedding, for the first time yesterday, I took out my wedding trousseau and the other sarees that were neatly washed, folded and tucked away in heavy suitcases, soon after the marriage rituals got over. It was a pleasure to lay the hands on those silky, satiny, georgety nine yards of beauties. Though it was quite a task to get them all aired and neatly folded back to the suitcases again, it relieved some of the tension that I had been having about their safe-keeping for a while now. For dinner, supervised the cook who made some delicious rajma and yummy stuffed chillies with green peas and onions. The recipe for stuffed chillies was my innovation and I was quite pleased with the end results. The husband also seemed to enjoy it. This has motivated me to try out a few more tricks in the kitchen over the next few days. Unless, there is serious food poisoning, my enthusiasm might be difficult to curb, irrespective of the monstrous torture that I may heave on the unsuspected victims of my culinary experiments. Don't I sound domesticated...well, I feel like one. I am enjoying the days off. Today, will be pure laziness, surfing through the net, chatting with old friends, catching up on my reading, hogging and then lying around like an over fed buffalo.. Have fun!

No comments: