Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Joker

In my view, one of the most impressionable cinematic characters by far is that of 'the Joker.' I think the personality and the darkness is so strong that it completely overshadows the goodness of 'the Dark Knight'. Even though positive forces triumph in the end, the memory that you walk back with is the sheer theatrical force and piercingly alarming stronghold of the buffoon. Don't mistake me..i am not on a cinematic journey nor i am trying to act a critic. I am just giving vent to some pent up emotions. For in real life, don't we encounter such characters in the veil of normalcy once in a while? Someone who will fool around, be the 'agony aunt/uncle' to all and sundry, bitch with you and about you, leave no one unscathed, form a group of followers to feed off and feed with, act the benign uncle until emotions conflict and paths cross and then silently stab you at the back, all the while smiling and showing that he/she still is your greatest benefactor. Such a person who bitches with you and seem to stand by you obviously becomes the 'poster boy.' How then do you bare the fact when you see through the antics, when it is appallingly clear that he/she is instigating your juniors, subtly flaming jealousy and unhealthy relationship among peers, clawing at you and pulling you down smartly at every opportunity. The antics are so sublime and smart that only the wronged can feel the pinch.

Don't get me wrong, you are not the only one on the target list. There are several others that the joker bitches about and then befriends them and bitches with. That is the modus operandi.

I have written all of these without a pause and as I read back, I think it is too strong, but I won't delete for I feel strongly about it. I am in a conflict right now, and the practical and the egoistical sides of me are in a raging war with each other. I will give it a few more days but I have strong inclination that the ego/self esteem in me will win the battle. It seems I am again in the path of shedding the past and moving on to something new. While the old will do its best to retain me, not to let me go, it is for me to move ahead in life. Change is difficult but essential. Thank God at least the parents and the husband understand and the finances will not let me down. For all the small mercies in life :). Next time, when I visit the blog, hope to be in a better mood.

Until then, take care.

2 comments:

Monalisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monalisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.