Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Random Thoughts

K and I went out for an evening walk yesterday. While getting back home, we met an uncle who stays in the same building. He embarrassed me by asking which college and what stream I was pursuing. Now I have a frail physique and on top of it, I was in shorts and Tees. For a ‘traditional generation yesterday’, it is understandable that he could never comprehend the lady of the house in such attire. However it got me thinking that one day I would jump, skip and hop from the college-girl look to the mid-age appearance, completely missing the full bloom of youth.

On being informed that I had crossed college life years back and was now a part of the rat race engaged in earning their own living, uncle was curious to know where I worked and what I did for living. Now how do I explain to a man of yesteryears that I was an online marketer and worked with Cleartrip.com, driving all their digital initiatives.

What would new media, digital initiatives, and an e-commerce company mean to an average Indian today? Wished I was skilled in something more concrete and meaningful, like a neurosurgeon or criminal lawyer, something more beneficial to the society.

No comments: