Monday, February 2, 2009

The Legend Called Roger Federer

When Roger Federer was at the peak of his career, I was not very drawn to him. I found him handsome, well-dressed, but with very little emotion, like a demolition machine. It seemed his existence depended on how many matches won and nothing else mattered to him even remotely. But now that he has strong competition and is not in his winning ways, my heart goes out to him completely. I rooted for him passionately to win the Australian open and be the biggest Grand Slam winner of all times. Once the underdog, Nadal, with his pirate like looks, and emotions writ all over his young face was my absolute favorite. But this time around, I felt angry and sad when he lifted the winner's trophy It is all about emotions for me. People in a high pedestal can be worshiped, but seldom can I connect emotionally with them. I think human frailties are essential for a person to be likeable and those precious tear drops from Rogerer was all that was needed to convert me into a die-hard Rogerer fan. Hope he goes on to win not only 14, but 15, 16, 17...and more :)

No comments: