Sunday, July 5, 2009

Under the Tuscan Sun

I am getting into this habit of enjoying some beautiful World Cinema. The husband was surprised to see me so engrossed in a 'genre' that I claim not to enjoy. The movie had its share of wonderful moments, but there was one scene that really stood out. Sharing it on the blog hoping that it positively inspires at least one more person the way it touched me. The below quote is not verbatim but the essence remains the same: 'There is a section of the Alps called the Semmering, which is very steep and rugged. They built a train track over these Alps to connect Vienna and Venice. They built these tracks even before there was a train in existence that could make the trip. They built it because they knew some day, the train would come..' Isn't it a wonderful thought...a hope in the time of nothingness, a lust for life, a desire, a longing to make the world a better place to live in.

1 comment:

*** said...

Hey chanced upon this blog and guess what - when I watched the movie (twice but managed to watch same few parts) the very same dialogue stuck with me :)