Friday, July 3, 2009

10 Things That I hate about you

I am not a big fan of hollywood movies, actually, I have this aversion for most 'angrezi' cinema. The routine song and dance sequences of our very own bollywood movies, with generous doses of romance, high octate drama and theatrical performances are more up my alley. Therefore, unlike most people of my generation who rejoice and celebrate world cinema, I am very boring, ancient and simple. It is not often that you would hear me sharing childlike enthusiasm about english movies. However, yesterday I watched a very pleasent movie called '10 things that i hate about you'. Starring Heath Ledger, this is a cool watch for all ages. I hear this was the movie that rocketed Heath Ledger's career to new heights. Ledger is such a fantastic performer with a charm that is so infectious. Be it the handsome charmer in this movie or the scheming Joker in the Dark Knight, he is brilliant. What a great loss his death is to the World Cinema. For people who believe in doing the unexpected, who don't like conforming to set expectations, who love being their own masters and leading lives on their own terms, this movie is bound to catch their fancy. A sweet romantic drama set in the lives of people who are 'very next door', '1o things that i hate about you' is a celebration of love, simplicity and youth.

No comments: