Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sehwag or Sachin Tendulkar???

Today morning while driving down to office, the husband (as usual) was engrossed with the stories of the world, completely ignoring the poor 'me', trying to fight the restlessness and boredom in the heavy traffic of Mumbai. If only there were more fancy dressed people on the streets, it would be such better usage of my time (but I guess all the better dressed people leave really late for work after the late night outs...the owls of the world are actually so much more better dressed than the so called early risers...(is there a metaphor for them????) Anyways, coming back to the topic, that I really wanted to write about today. At a casual glance of the newspaper, the image of Sehwag stared at me and since I had nothing better to do, I started playing a game on my own. I asked myself, 'If i was given a chance to be either Tendulkar of Sehwag in life, who would I want to be?' (now, don't question my audacity...it was fanciful thinking to while away time) And the answer that I got was-- I really wanted to be a Sehwag as opposed to the God of Indian cricket, Tendulkar. I guess the tenacity, the persistence, the track record, the performance, the overpowering skill set, everything combined together could not match the flamboyance, the unexpectedness, the sheer charm of the personality in my fancy. Being a boring person myself, I am drawn to unpredictability, volatility and flamboyance and would trade places any day to be a personality that matches those traits. Superficial??? Well, it is better to be honest than fool myself :)

No comments: