Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Big Boss Syndrome

The husband has to come to office early every day (Can you beat it-- I am at office by 8.15 am regularly and to give me company are the office boys, busy cleaning and mopping the floor.) I get these strange looks from them every time I step inside...like..weirdo, she must be crazy or a half backed wannabe who is lost it in life. But friends, my tragedy is that I not only share the home and the hearth with the husband, I also share the car. Which means if it is 8.30 in the morning that he is scheduled for the call with his French boss****, we need to be bundled off the mattress, into a fast forward 'get ready to office mode' and be there staring blankly at our laptops by 8.15 am, at our respective offices. While I don't grudge him this discomfort (you see I am magnificient in my kindness and besides he gets the lunch and the breakfast ready everyday), I have reservations about leaving office very late in the evenings. For I really enjoy being a couch potato in the evenings. And here comes the favorite part of the day. With a chilled drink (and dont be naughty people, i really mean the soft variety) in hand and a couple of chicken cutlets, a perfect evening starts with the antics of balika vadhu, rolling onto the melodies of Indian idol and finishing off with the histrionics of 'Big Boss'. Oh, how I hate it that Big Boss has ended for this season. The highlight of the day was gaping at the hysterics in this one hour long program and then chatting endlessly about how human behavior could be so vile and bitchy (throwing into the air, the simple fact that we had enjoyed watching the bitchiness ;() Distracting a little from my daily routine (and actually there is nothing more to be said...it actually is a boring state of existence), I really wonder why as a sociey we had been so consumed by the filth and the vile of 'big boss'. May be it is the straight forward life that we live every day, the morality that we have to adhere to in every step, the social ethics and behaviour that binds our every move, that forces us to rejoice and laugh at the complete madness, the unruliness of a completely mad life. Whatever it is, I enjoyed watching boss...and I am glad that the contestant that I rooted for went on to win the contest. Good luck and happy viewing to all couch potatoes like me...hope we get to see many such programs....By the way, as an ending shot, I have a question for you all...Do you think TV could spoil a relationship ....I saw a program by Rajat Kapoor the other day which suggested likewise...someone even suggested it could take the position of a second woman in a man's life... **** My husband's French boss actually sinks everytime he thinks...I hear that is how the dialect goes...whatever...enjoy!

1 comment:

A Girls World.. said...

You gotta watch Roadies 6.0 it is sex on toes.. the audition process is awesome :-) Saturday 7pm.. It's hilarious and the judges are really corny.. After Big Boss .. MTV Roadies is a good bet!